The Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute (KCALSI) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization governed by its President, the Board of Directors and the Board’s four permanent committees.
The Kansas City region is a global leader at the nexus of human and animal health benefiting all our citizens and the economy.
To coordinate the regional life sciences initiative by:
- Fostering relationships between the academic and private sector life sciences communities
- Assisting scientific collaborative research efforts through identifying funding opportunities, proposal review facilitation, resource allocation, and maintaining accountability
- Raising awareness of the life sciences and the value it brings to people, the region and institutions
- Assisting in life sciences advocacy efforts at the local, state, and national levels
- Providing support to economic development and technology transfer & commercialization organizations.
PATH TO 2025
A regional strategic assessment has been completed and the report is available for downloading.