The Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute (KCALSI) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization governed by its President, the Board of Directors and the Board’s four permanent committees. The Board has five positional seats and six elected positions. KCALSI is counseled by two formal Advisory Committees and several facilitating groups.
Lead the recognized transformation of the Kansas City region into a nationally-recognized center of excellence in life sciences research, development and commercialization.
To coordinate the regional life sciences initiative by:
- Fostering and solidifying relationships between the academic and private sector life sciences communities
- Assisting scientific collaborative research efforts through identification and qualification of funding opportunities, proposal review facilitation, resource allocation, and maintaining accountability
- Raising awareness of the life sciences and the value it brings to people, the region and institutions
- Assisting in life sciences advocacy efforts at the local, state, and national levels
- Providing support to economic development and technology transfer & commercialization organizations.