The Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute is leading the transformation of the Kansas City region into a nationally recognized center of excellence in life sciences research, development and commercialization.
Specifically, KCALSI coordinates the regional life sciences initiative by:
- Fostering and solidifying relationships between the academic and private sector life sciences communities.
- Assisting scientific collaborative research efforts through identification and qualification of funding opportunities, proposal review facilitation, resource allocation, and maintaining accountability.
- Assisting in life sciences advocacy efforts at the local, state, and national levels.
- Providing support to economic development and technology transfer/ commercialization organizations.
Your contributions to the Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute directly support programs that enhance and expand research teams investigating new diagnostic tools, improved treatments, and potential cures for an array of diseases. Key research priority areas of particular strength in the Kansas City Region include:
- Cardiovascular Disease – including diabetes, heart disease, and stroke
- Neurological Diseases – including Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and traumatic brain injury
Additionally, your contributions will support other important areas:
- Recruitment of outstanding researchers
- Creation of a regional wet-lab innovation incubator
- Enhancement and expansion of training programs to yield a highly-trained and qualified life sciences workforce
An information system to share collaborative research information among research scientists at many locations including:
- Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Kansas State University
- MRIGlobal (formerly Midwest Research Institute)
- Saint Luke’s Health System
- Truman Medical Center
- University of Kansas
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- University of Missouri
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, and other institutions
You can be confident that your donation to The Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation is secure.
The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation has been connecting donors to the needs of the community they care about for more than 25 years. The Community Foundation, including its five affiliates within the Greater Kansas City region, is recognized as a national leader in making sure every philanthropic investment returns the greatest emotional, civic and financial benefit possible. For more information visit www.gkccf.org.